American is offering you a chance to increase your AAdvantage balance by making a donation to the American Red Cross:
Hurricane Isaac has caused devastating flooding and wind damage in communities from Florida to Texas. The Red Cross continues an immense disaster response effort that could last for weeks across multiple states, as the now slow-moving Tropical Storm Isaac, continues its march inland, threatening communities farther to the north that have yet to experience the impact of the storm.
Through October 1, 2012, AAdvantage members can earn a one-time award of 250 bonus miles for a minimum $50 donation, or 500 bonus miles for a donation of $100 or more to the American Red Cross.
To earn your bonus miles, access the American Airlines / American Red Cross donation site, and select the box next to the question stating, “I consent to the American Red Cross sharing my contact information and donation amount with American Airlines for the purposes of matching my donation”, and complete the form.
Terms and Conditions
• Offer valid on contributions made online at http://american.redcross.org/americanairlines-pub.
• Minimum donation of $50 required in order to earn bonus miles.
• Members will earn a one time bonus up to 500 miles.
• Promotion dates are 8/31/12 through 10/1/12.
• AAdvantage miles will post to the member’s AAdvantage account approximately 21 days after the donation was made. Please check your AAdvantage account on aa.com to verify the AAdvantage miles have posted to your account.
• The name on the donation receipt must match the name on the AAdvantage account.