Just as they do with other markets, American offers a separate Facebook page for their South American and Central American customers. It’s in Spanish and it’s completely separate from their U.S. Facebook page: they have they’re own fare sales, promotions, bonus offers, and sweepstakes.
I happened to notice that they have a new Facebook game and contest that sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I usually skip writing about non U.S. promotions because most readers can’t enter, but this sweepstakes was interesting enough that I thought I’d mention it.
It’s a fantasy travel game where you earn fantasy AAdvantage miles and elite status, and earn entries into a drawing for real AAdvantage Miles.
Unfortunately, I’m only speak English, Texan, and survival French, so my Spanish is kind of limited, but from the way Google Translate explains it, this is how it works:
Players will receive an initial credit of 2500 AA Fantasy credits.
• Each day you play you’ll earn 100 AA Fantasy credits
• By inviting friends to join the game, players will receive 10 credits for each friend (maximum 5 invitations every 24 hours).
• For each trivia question that is answered correctly, players receive 5,000 AA Fantasy credits (up to 5.000 credits every 24 hours).
I’m not sure how, but you use credits to book Fantasy flights and earn Fantasy Miles
• When booking travel and fly on Fantasy, each player will receive one (1) mile for every mile flown AAFM in the game.
• When booking travel and fly Business Class Fantasy Fantasy, players will receive twenty five percent (25%) of Fantasy bonus miles flown by the specific segment within the game.
• When booking travel and fly in First Class Fantasy Fantasy, players will receive fifty percent (50%) of Fantasy bonus miles flown by the specific segment within the game.
• When obtaining an AAdvantage Fantasy, players will receive bonus miles for each additional Fantasy mile flown in the game:
• Fantasy AAdvantage Gold: Twenty-five percent (25%) bonus miles Fantasy of AA.
• Fantasy AAdvantage Platinum: one hundred percent (100%) bonus miles Fantasy of AA.
• AAdvantage Executive Platinum Fantasy: one hundred percent (100%) bonus miles Fantasy of AA.
Earning Fantasy Miles earns you entries into the drawing for a prize
• For every ten thousand (10,000) miles flown Fantasy, players will receive an opt-in for the draw.
• For each fifteen thousand (15,000) miles Fantasy donated to specific causes of AA Fantasy, players will receive an option for the draw (maximum three participation options for the draw, per month).
• By answering correctly three rounds daily bonus questions and general knowledge (trivia) Admirals Club Fantasy, players will receive an opt-in for the draw for each round (up to an opt-in daily for the draw).
• For every purchase of 25 “snow globes” Fantasy (available in the gift shop of the game), players will receive an opt-in for the draw.
• Two First Prize winners will receive 60,000 AAdvantage miles
• Two Second Prize winners will receive 25,000 AAdvantage miles
• Five Third Prize winners receive 10,000 AAdvantage miles
• Five Fourth Prize winners will receive five thousand 5,000 AAdvantage miles
• Five Fifth Prize winners will receive 1,000 AAdvantage miles
To enter you have to be a legal resident of Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru or Uruguay. If you qualify, go here to play (and feel free to come back and let me know how accurately Google translated).
I don’t know whether AA will offer a similar promotion to the U.S. or whether it would even scale well. It’s definitely an interesting idea.