I have to admit that until I saw this offer, I had never even heard of Watertown, NY. I don’t mean that as a slight (I come from a place that most people have never heard of) it’s just that other than the fact that the offer made it obvious that it was located somewhere in the state of New York, I knew absolutely nothing else about the city.
So to save you from having to Google it yourself, I’ve put together the “
Ten 8 things everyone should know about Watertown, New York” (see the comments section for an explanation):
• It’s located in upstate New York
• It’s in the foothills of the Adirondacks
• It’s the birthplace of the Five and Dime
• It’s the birthplace of the safety pin
• Fort Ticonderoga is nearby
The 1980 USA-USSR Olympic hockey match was played in Watertown
• The IATA airport code is ART
• American Eagle is starting service between Chicago and Watertown next month
• Round-trip travel between Watertown and Chicago will normally earn you 1,234 AAdvantage Miles
• Soon, you’ll be able to travel round-trip between the two cities and earn 2,468 AAdvantage Miles
American Eagle will be starting service between Watertown and Chicago on November 17, 2010, and through February 15, 2012 you’ll be able to earn Double AAdvantage Miles:
CHI-Town to Watertown. Earn double AAdvantage miles.
Starting November 17, 2011, American Eagle will offer daily nonstop flights between Chicago and Watertown, NY. To celebrate, you can earn double miles every time you fly our new route through February 15, 2012.
Airline: American Eagle
Award: Bonus Miles
Bonus Code: ART2X
Dates: Travel between November 17, 2011, and February 15, 2012
Registration is required before you travel using promo code ADR2X. Go here to sign up for this offer or for more details.