I’ve been out of town and just got back to Dallas a few days ago and was excited to see that Fall has finally arrived. Now it actually feels like football season. And the change in the weather comes just in time, this week marks one of the most important weeks on the college football schedule: it’s time for the annual OU / Texas game!
OU/Texas week is like a holiday to me. Good friends come to town. There’s the parties and the traditional pre-game and post-game dinners. Everyone in Red or Orange. The Texas State Fair and deep fried foods (this year it’s deep fried Cuban rolls and Thanksgiving Dinner). We even have a new Big Tex this year. Oh yeah, and there’s the football game too!
Speaking of college football, American’s American Way magazine is sponsoring a sweepstakes that offers the winner a chance to attend the SEC Championship game in Atlanta:
You could be the winner of a football fan dream. American Way and Dr Pepper are giving away two fantastic football packages to two lucky winners.
The first sweepstakes package, open now until Oct. 31, includes two tickets to the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME in Atlanta, two nights at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center, air transportation, special event passes, and more.
The Grand Prize consists of:
• round-trip air transportation for two to Atlanta, GA (provided by Dr Pepper),
• two tickets to the SEC Championship Game on Saturday, December 7th, 2013,
• two nights deluxe hotel accommodations from Fri. Dec 6th – Sun. Dec 8, 2013 (double occupancy),
• round-trip airport transportation to/from hotel,
• welcome gift, complimentary breakfasts (Saturday and Sunday),
• ground transportation to Dr Pepper events,
• two Dr Pepper welcome reception/party passes on Friday, Dec. 6, 2013,
• two Dr Pepper pre-game party passes on Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013
Total prize value: $3,055. To enter all you have to do is submit your name and contact info. The deadline to enter is Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:59 pm CDT.
Go here to enter.
(I hope the Sooner team from the first half rather than the second half of this weekend’s game against TCU is the same team that takes to the field at the Cotton Bowl on Saturday!)
Photo: SEC Championship Game Day 2012
Credit: Charles Atkeison on Flickr