So I guess there is such a thing as a free ride:
If you’re traveling in First or Business Class on eligible flights from Tokyo’s Haneda Airport to New York City, you can enjoy complimentary taxi service from your hotel to Haneda Airport now through December 31, 2012 to help ease into your early morning departure.
American’s Haneda to JFK flight departs at 6:50AM, and a taxi ride to the airport will cost you $120 or more depending upon your location, so a complimentary ride to the airport is a really nice perk.
Here’s the fine print from the terms and conditions:
American Airlines Haneda Airport Pick-up Service
Purchase Period: Now through September 30, 2012
• Any First/Business Transpacific fares on Eligible Flights (includes JL codeshare fares on Eligible Flights)
• One way and Round Trip tickets are eligible; however, one way trips cannot include OA.
• Any Upgrade, Award, Industry Discount, TAC and other Non-revenue tickets are not eligible.
Eligible Pick-up Locations:
• All 23 wards, Mitaka-shi, Musashino-shi, Nishitokyo-shi, Chofu-shi, Komae-shi, Inagi-shi, Kiyose-shi, Higashikurume-shi, Kodaira-shi, Koganei-shi, Kokubunji-shi, Kunitachi-shi, Tama-shi, Fuchu-shi, Hino-shi, Machida-shi Kanagawa Prefecture
• Yokohama-shi, Kawasaki-shi, Kamakura-shi, Zushi-shi, Hayama-machi, Yokosuka-shi, Sagamihara-shi, Yamato-shi, Zama-shi, Ayase-shi, Ebina-shi, Samukawa-machi, Chigasaki-shi, Fujisawa-shi
• Chiba Prefecture
• Urayasu-shi, Ichikawa-shi, Funabashi-shi, Matsudo-shi, Kashiwa-shi, Nagareyama-shi, Yachiyo-shi, Kamagaya-shi, Narashino-shi, Sodegaura-shi, Kisarazu-shi
• Saitama Prefecture
• Yashio-shi, Misato-shi, Kawaguchi-shi, Soka-shi, Hatogaya-shi, Toda-shi, Asaka-shi, Wako-shi, Niiza-shi, Warabi-shi
Eligible Flights: AA134/JL7008 only
Photo: Tokyo Taxi Sign
Credit: Bit Boy on Flickr