Just a quick post to let you know about some new benefits for Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage card holders including free first checked bags, priority boarding, 10 percent miles back on American Airlines AAdvantage miles redeemed.
From the press release:
The ability to earn more AAdvantage miles faster.
• Ten percent miles back on AAdvantage miles redeemed by cardmembers, up to 10,000 miles per calendar year. For example, if the cardmember uses AAdvantage miles to book a 50,000 mile roundtrip flight, they will receive 5,000 AAdvantage miles back in their AAdvantage account approximately 6-8 weeks after booking.
• Double miles on eligible American Airlines purchases.
• No annual limit or cap on how many AAdvantage miles cardmembers can earn with card purchases.
More ways to save time and money when booking, boarding and beyond.
• First checked bag free for cardmembers and up to four companions traveling on the same reservation for travel booked and ticketed on or after April 2, 2012. For example, a family traveling in the main cabin from JFK to LAX roundtrip with four checked bags could save $200.
• Priority boarding for cardmembers and up to four companions traveling on the same reservation for travel booked and ticketed on or after April 2, 2012.
• Cardmembers earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount that can be used to book any available qualifying flight on AA.com for each year following which they spend $30,000 in purchases and renew their Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage card.
• 25 percent savings on in-flight purchases of food, beverages and headsets when purchases are made with the Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage card or any other Citi / AAdvantage card.
The card comes with a $95 annual fee, which isn’t much when you consider the money you can save on bag fees.
Full details at www.aa.com/citi.