The oldest London brick terrace by Fin Fahey on Flickr
American Airlines Vacations and Visit London are sponsoring a sweepstakes event with the winner receiving a one-week New Year’s Eve vacation in London. You enter by joining the official London visitors organization’s Visit London website. Deadline to enter is 1200 hours GMT 18 November 2010.
From the website:
ENTER NOW for a chance to win a spectacular New Year’s Eve trip to London for two. The winner will receive complimentary round-trip travel, airport transfers, and six fabulous nights in a private (and luxurious) one-bedroom apartment at Cheval Residences in central London. And that’s just the beginning. Imagine the two of you enjoying . . .
- Tickets to the world-famous -5 degrees ICEBAR LONDON followed by dinner in the warm and cosy belowzero restaurant and lounge.
- An evening at the historic Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club in Soho, the heart of the London jazz scene.
- A guided tour of Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre and a visit to the Shakespeare’s Globe Exhibition, followed by afternoon tea in the Brasserie, overlooking the Thames.
- A special tour of the Tate Modern, followed by a restaurant meal on the 7th floor, overlooking St. Paul’s and the City of London.
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the new Wembley Stadium, home to both great soccer and rock concerts.
- A daytrip to Paris with Eurostar – visit Paris in just two hours and 15 minutes, and when you return to St. Pancras International Station celebrate with complimentary bubbly at Europe’s longest champagne bar.
- London Passes that will give you free admission to over 60 top London attractions. Meet the Beefeaters and ravens and see the crown jewels at the Tower of London, visit St. Paul’s Cathedral (where Prince Charles and Princess Diana were married), or float past thousands of years of history aboard a Thames River Cruise.
Enjoy the holiday week of a lifetime, capped off with a thrilling fireworks spectacle, when wild colors soar into the sky over London’s greatest monuments.