Wow, this year has gone by quickly: it’s already time to vote for the next American Airlines Road Warrior!
American Way, American’s inflight magazine, sponsors the Road Warrior competition each year, and now through November 30th you can vote for your favorite contestant for a chance to win 50,000 AAdvantage Miles.
American Way magazine, the award-winning inflight magazine of American Airlines, recently selected the five lucky finalists in the 12th Annual American Way Road Warrior Contest.
Over the past 12 years, more than 60,000 travelers have entered the contest in hopes of winning the coveted Road Warrior title, which includes amazing prizes. The March 15, 2014 issue of American Way will feature the five newest Road Warrior Contest winners with their travel tales, photos and more.
We’d like you to tell us who your favorite Road Warriors are. First-, second- and third-place winners will be determined by you! Check out each of the five Road Warrior finalists’ biographies, along with their entries, then cast your vote to be automatically entered into a sweepstakes to win 50,000 AAdvantage miles.
This year’s finalists:
• David LeVan was born in Milwaukee and bleeds Green Bay Packers green and gold. He’s visited 49 states and 44 countries, and he hopes to round that off to 50 and 50 by the time he turns 50.
• Tim Glasson from Austin, Texas. Tim’s proudest achievements, in addition to being named a Road Warrior finalist, include completing two Ironman triathlons and a number of other endurance events.
• Becca Powelson, who grew up in the heartland state of Ohio, adores camping trips, backyard barbecues, biking to get ice cream and cheering for the Ohio State Buckeyes.
• Ashley Baker is a Hoosier originally from Fort Wayne, Ind. With the miles she accumulates, Ashley loves taking trips with her family and friends.
• Malcolm Griffiths’ love for travel began at a young age: Growing up in Sydney, his family’s vacations took him through his home country, as well as to Indonesia, New Zealand and the United States.
Each of the finalist was required to complete four challenges, and with no obvious Oklahoma connection I decided to base my vote mostly on how they answered this one:
Compose a song, poem or jingle that describes your Road Warrior lifestyle. If it’s meant to be sung to a particular tune, let us know.
One entry per person and voting ends on Nov. 30, 2013, at 11:59 CST.
Photo: Road Warrior
Credit: getswipp on Flickr